Thursday, January 31, 2008

Countdown to Saint Patrick's Day

Hi everyone!
And so it begins...the scramble to prepare for the Saint Patrick's Day season. All of our classes are prepared with steps and routines, and I am so proud of all of the hard work that everyone has done to help get ready! Our costumes are almost done, and I can't wait to give them back to you. For February, to prepare for the upcoming season, there are a few things to consider...

1. Um, tuition is due this weekend for February...(it must be said!)
2. Fundraising! I will have a box of candy for each family to sell this month. I'd like each family to sell two boxes total, which will help us raise almost $1000 to help cover the costs of the year-end recital, parade fees, costume expenses, Hawaiian vacation for everyone in the school, etc. etc...
3. I would like to have custom sweatshirts made for the dancers with our school logo etc., and before the end of February, I would like each dancer to purchase a red pair of workout/warmup pants. I would like the pants to be made of a warm material so that we can wear our Rince Na Sidhe warmups for the parade. One of our awesome moms (Michelle C.) has found a GREAT pair of workout pants for kids and adults at Walmart for only $9.94! Another place to look is "Steve and Barrys" which has red warmup pants on sale for $9-10! Please click on the link below for an example of what I am looking for...

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=8129663


Ok that's enough for now. I leave you with a link to a great video of a highly ranked competitive dancer doing a jump, but the image has been slowed down for dancers to see a "good jump" in slow motion...please take a look!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehlvneowcaI&NR=1



Mary

No comments: